Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Of Change and Loss

I had to make a tough decision this past weekend. I had to step away from a friendship. Unfriend on Facebook and unfollow on Insta.

A few years ago, while attending a yoga session I was introduced to this person. It seemed like we had an immediate connection. We ended up becoming friends. We shared many things about ourselves. I tried to support him as much as I was able. I told him that I would not abandon him like so many others UNLESS he lied.

He lied. Not only that but he cheated on and lied to his husband. I tried to make him see that what he was doing was wrong and he needed to stop. He said he would, he did for a bit but went right back to his old habits. Showing no remorse. 

Cutting ties with someone with who you have shared so much is not an easy thing to do. I wavered for a long time on whether or not to do it. I thought I could make him see. I thought I could make him stop. I could not. Maybe losing me as a friend will spur the change. It is hard to say. Losing another friend to his ways didn't make a difference so I don't believe my choice will.

No comments:

Post a Comment